I made this with roasted pattypan squash and the lemon orzo with pine nuts. Used local grass-fed lamb shoulder roast. I roasted my 2.25 lb. piece of meat for 15 min at the 450, then cut to 350 and roasted 25 min. per pound more. Turned out just right! The meat itself was delicious, although I would probably look for a spicier or more dramatic flavor in the marinade. This was subtle and lacked a certain zip I prefer in foods.
Simple Roasted Leg of Lamb
This large roast is great as a Sunday dinner centerpiece, and the mild seasonings encourage leftovers to blend into a variety of dishes. For a nice accompaniment, toss halved fingerling potatoes with olive oil and sea salt. Place them on the broiler pan with the lamb during the last half-hour of cooking.
This recipe goes with Greek Lamb and Potato Salad, Tabbouleh with Roast Lamb, Curried Noodle Salad with Roast Lamb, Lamb and Couscous Salad, Roast Lamb and White Bean Salad, Cavatappi Salad with Roast Lamb, Barley-Mushroom Salad with Lamb and Goat Cheese, Lamb, Roasted Tomato, and Artichoke Sandwiches with Olive Spread, Roast Lamb Pitas with Spicy Sesame Yogurt Sauce, Lamb Sandwiches with Green Pea Spread and Herbed Mayo
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 190
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 23.2g
- Carbohydrate: 0.4g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 74mg
- Calcium: 9mg
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (5-pound) boneless leg of lamb, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- Place first 10 ingredients in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Place onion mixture and lamb in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal bag; rub onion mixture into lamb. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours to overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Remove lamb from bag; discard marinade. Place lamb on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Decrease oven temperature to 350° (do not remove lamb from oven). Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of the lamb registers 145° (medium-rare). Place lamb on a cutting board. Cover loosely with foil; let stand for 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note