Simple Potato Mushroom Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, veins removed & chopped
- 1 carrot chopped (optional)
- 2 large potatoes peeled & cubed
- 5 cup(s) chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/2 pound(s) mixed mushrooms sliced
- 1/8 or 1/4 teaspoon(s) carraway seeds
- 1 celery salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon(s) parsley chopped
- 1. In soup pot, saute onion, celery and (optional) carrot til almost tender.
- 2. Add broth and potatoes, bring to boil, lower heat, cook til potatoes are about half-done.
- 3. In separate pan, melt butter & brown flour, add to soup pot stirring to combine
- 4. Add ingredients thru celery salt, simmer 30min or until veg are done.
- 5. Stir in parsley and serve
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carolfitz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note