Simple Potato Mushroom Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, veins removed & chopped
- 1 carrot chopped (optional)
- 2 large potatoes peeled & cubed
- 5 cup(s) chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/2 pound(s) mixed mushrooms sliced
- 1/8 or 1/4 teaspoon(s) carraway seeds
- 1 celery salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon(s) parsley chopped
- 1. In soup pot, saute onion, celery and (optional) carrot til almost tender.
- 2. Add broth and potatoes, bring to boil, lower heat, cook til potatoes are about half-done.
- 3. In separate pan, melt butter & brown flour, add to soup pot stirring to combine
- 4. Add ingredients thru celery salt, simmer 30min or until veg are done.
- 5. Stir in parsley and serve
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carolfitz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes