Simple Pepper Steak
- 1/4 cup cornstarch, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless top sirloin steak, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Hot cooked rice
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons cornstarch, ginger, beef broth, soy sauce, and, if desired, red pepper; set aside.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons cornstarch, salt, and pepper; dredge steak in mixture.
- Heat vegetable oil and sesame oil in a large skillet over high heat 3 minutes; add steak and garlic, and saute 4 minutes or until browned.
- Add bell pepper and onion; saute 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in broth mixture; reduce heat, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This