I roasted a bell pepper while the sauce and green beans cooked, and tossed everything together. I baked the dish until bubbly and added the topping. Excellent side!
Simple Pecan-Green Bean Casserole
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 1 cup French fried onions, crushed
- 1/2 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Buttermilk White Sauce
- Simple Blanched Green Beans
- 1 cup finely chopped jarred roasted red bell peppers
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Place French fried onions, Japanese breadcrumbs, and chopped pecans in an even layer in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring after 5 minutes.
- 3. Prepare Buttermilk White Sauce and Simple Blanched Green Beans as directed. (Do not plunge beans into ice water.) Gently toss together green beans and roasted red bell peppers, and spoon onto a serving platter. Top with Buttermilk White Sauce, and sprinkle with toasted pecan mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables