Simple Pastry Crust
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner
Simple Pastry Crust serves as the base of Swiss Chard-Ricotta Galettes with Fried Eggs.
This recipe goes with Swiss Chard-Ricotta Galettes with Fried Eggs
Yield: Makes 2 piecrusts
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1. Combine flour and sea salt in a large bowl. Mix in butter and shortening with a pastry blender or 2 forks until it resembles coarse meal.
- 2. Whisk together egg, vinegar, and 1/4 cup cold water, pour into flour mixture, and stir just until it comes together and starts to form a ball. Add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if necessary. Press together with lightly floured hands, and form into 2 flat rounds. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill 1 hour or overnight.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts