I didnt add any spice at all and it still turned out to be great, only i would cook the onions for more then 2 min so that they become soft, and dont stand out so much.
Simple Mushroom Sauce
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 (8-ounce) containers sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives*
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, and sauté 12 to 14 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Add chives, and sauté 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute; whisk in dry mustard. Gradually whisk in milk and next 3 ingredients; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in mushroom mixture, and cook until thoroughly heated.
- *3 tablespoons chopped green onions may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This