- 1 1/2 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl just until blended; place in a lightly greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
Stir together ketchup, brown sugar, and yellow mustard; pour evenly over meatloaf.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes, and remove from pan before slicing.
Note: Wrap meatloaf in plastic wrap and aluminum foil, and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator overnight.