Simple Grits with Toppings
Nothing says "Southern hospitality" quite like a hearty bowl of grits. Add these fun toppings to make them even tastier!
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 18 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Toppings: hot sauce, sliced green onions, chopped tomatoes, cooked and crumbled bacon, Fried Chicken Bites, shredded Gouda cheese, shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1. Bring salt and 8 cups water to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- 2. Whisk in grits, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until creamy.
- 3. Whisk in butter and pepper. Transfer to a slow cooker to keep warm, and serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note