- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 (14-oz.) can chicken broth
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup dry white wine*
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 (3 1/2 lb.) cut-up whole chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350º. Stir together rice, chicken broth, buttermilk, wine, mushrooms, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Spoon rice mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and remaining 1 1/2 tsp. salt. Place chicken on top of rice mixture.
Bake, covered, at 350º for 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
*1/2 cup chicken broth may be substituted.