First time to prepare beets and this recipe was easy and very good. It adds a little something extra to the table and the color is beautiful.
Simple Beet Salad
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Missie Neville Crawford
More From Southern Living
Other: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- 2 pounds assorted medium beets
- 1/3 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Garnish: fresh parsley leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Divide beets between 2 large pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil; drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette, and sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper. Seal foil, making 2 loose packets.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 45 to 55 minutes until fork-tender.
- 3. Let cool 1 hour in packets, reserving accumulated liquid.
- 4. Bake walnuts at 400° in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- 5. Peel beets, and cut into slices or wedges. Arrange beets on a serving platter or in a bowl. Drizzle with reserved liquid, and sprinkle with walnuts. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note