Simple Apple Pie
Community Recipe from
- 4 granny smith apples peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) nutmeg (if desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 2 9" pie crusts
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together, except butter, and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Lay first pie crust into a 9" pie plate. Spoon in apple mixture. Dot with butter. Place second pie crust, fold and crimp closed.
- Cut slits to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover loosely with tin foil and bake an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by arohrmayr82 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes