Simple Apple Pie
A delicious and simple pie. Best when served warm.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 granny smith apples peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) nutmeg (if desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 2 9" pie crusts
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together, except butter, and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Lay first pie crust into a 9" pie plate. Spoon in apple mixture. Dot with butter. Place second pie crust, fold and crimp closed.
- Cut slits to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover loosely with tin foil and bake an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by arohrmayr82 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note