- 8 (5-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) finely shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- calories 245
- caloriesfromfat 35 %
- fat 9.6 g
- protein 17.3 g
- carbohydrate 22.8 g
- fiber 9.6 g
- cholesterol 37 mg
- sodium 384 mg
How to Make It
Cut eye and mouth shapes from each tortilla to make funny faces; discard cutout pieces. Place tortillas on a baking sheet; bake at 450° for 4 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack.
Cook meat in a Dutch oven over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble; drain. Wipe drippings from pan with a paper towel; return meat to pan. Add water, chili powder, salt, and beans; set aside.
Place stewed tomatoes in a food processor; process 10 seconds or until puréed. Stir into meat mixture; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer an additional 35 minutes.
Spoon 3/4 cup chili into each of 8 shallow bowls. Top each with a tortilla; add 1 tomato half for "nose," and arrange cheese evenly on tortillas for "hair."