Silky Chocolate Kefir Tarts
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup(s) Lifeway Organic Whole Milk Plain Kefir
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) vanilla
- 1 9" pie shell
- Let all of the ingredients come to room temperature. Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, fefir and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl, and stir into egg mixture. Whisk until combined. Slowly add the melted chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into pie crust or tart shells. Bake at 325 for about 30 min, until top is crackled and custard jiggles slightly.
- Serve warm or cold with vanilla whipped cream.
- Tip: If mixture "curdles" slightly after adding the chocolate it just means that the mix was too cold for the chocolate to blend in. Just place the mixing bowl into a bath of warm water and whisk until it comes together.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LifewayRecipes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes