Silky Chocolate Kefir Tarts
The perfect dessert for a special occasion, or just when your sweet tooth is clamoring for attention. I like using organic plain kefir as a substitute for milk for a flavorful twist.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup(s) Lifeway Organic Whole Milk Plain Kefir
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) vanilla
- 1 9" pie shell
- Let all of the ingredients come to room temperature. Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, fefir and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl, and stir into egg mixture. Whisk until combined. Slowly add the melted chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into pie crust or tart shells. Bake at 325 for about 30 min, until top is crackled and custard jiggles slightly.
- Serve warm or cold with vanilla whipped cream.
- Tip: If mixture "curdles" slightly after adding the chocolate it just means that the mix was too cold for the chocolate to blend in. Just place the mixing bowl into a bath of warm water and whisk until it comes together.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LifewayRecipes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note