Sicilian Zuppa di Pesce
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 clove(s) Garlic
- 4 can(s) Crushed tomatoes
- pinch(s) Red pepper flakes
- 1 can(s) Artichoke hearts Drained
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the rest
- 1 pound(s) Linguine
- 8 Mussels
- 8 Clams
- 12 Medium shrimp Peeled and deveined
- 12 Dry sea scallops
- 4 Squid bodies Cut into small rings
- Soak the clams and mussels in cold water with a pinch of all-purpose flour for 30 minutes. This will help remove any sand caught in the shells. Rinse them thoroughly to remove all the sand and flour before adding them to the sauce.
- While the clams and mussels are soaking, heat the olive oil in a large pot over low heat and finely chop the garlic. Add the garlic to the warmed oil in the pot, and cook until it's light brown, stirring frequently so it doesn't burn.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients. Stir to combine. Raise the heat to medium to get the sauce to a low simmer. Once the sauce starts bubbling, lower the heat and let simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, to thicken it.
- Add the clams to the sauce, raise heat to medium, then cover the pot and let the sauce and clams cook for 20 minutes. Discard any clams that have not opened after 20 minutes.
- Cook the linguine according to package directions until it is al dente.
- Meanwhile, add the mussels to the sauce, replace the lid and let cook 5 minutes. Discard any mussels that haven't opened in 5 minutes.
- About 3-4 minutes before the pasta is done, add the shrimp, scallops and squis to the sauce, replace the lid.
- Drain the pasta and toss it with the seafood sauce. Serve immediately. It's easiest to remove the clams and mussels from the sauce and set them aside to toss with the pasta. Dish out each serving and put a few mussels and clams on to of each plate.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dswartzel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sicilian Zuppa di Pesce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes