Sicilian-Style Shrimp Stuffed Pasta
Serve this Sicilian-style shrimp stuffed pasta with a good crusty Italian bread and a glass of chilled Sauvignon Blanc. Recipe from Harris Teeter's Fresh Catch Newsletter.
Sit: 1 Hour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce(s) Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 pound(s) 51/60 shrimp, peel and deveined, tails off and chopped
- 4 ounce(s) prosciutto ham, medium diced
- 4 ounce(s) Parmeson Reggiano, freshly grated
- 20 ounce(s) ricotta cheese
- 8 ounce(s) fresh mozzarella, grated
- 1 medium leeks, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) garlic, minced
- 28 ounce(s) canned diced tomatoes (or 2 lbs fresh)
- 12 ounce(s) artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1 cup(s) Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup(s) Italian herbs blend, fresh parsley, basil, thyme, and rosemary (chopped)
- 24 extra large pasta shells
- 1 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1. Combine chopped shrimp, 1/2 leeks and 1/2 garlic with 1/2 of Sauvignon Blanc; let sit for 1 hour.
- 2. Cook pasta shells in large pot of heavily salted boiling water until al dente.
- 3. Combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella, parmesan cheese, 1/2 herbs, and Panko crumbs in large bowl.
- 4. In sauce pot, over medium heat, add 4 ounces oil. Saute remaining garlic and leeks until garlic starts to brown. Add remaining Italian herbs, remaining wine, artichokes and tomatoes, bring to boil, reduce to simmer, let cook 15 minutes, then remove from heat.
- 5. In large saute pan over medium heat put 4 ounces olive oil, diced prosciutto ham and 1 tablespoon Italian herbs; cook 1 minute, then add drained marinated shrimp mixture. Cook until shrimp are pink in color, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- 6. Combine shrimp and ricotta cheese mixtures; mix well.
- 7. Stuff shells with shrimp/cheese mixture; place in oiled casserole dish.
- 8. Top shells with sauce and remaining parmesan cheese, place in preheated 350 degree oven, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note