Sicilian Orange Salad
Prep: 23 minutes; other: 3 hours
This Sicilian winter salad is usually prepared with blood oranges. We tested with more readily available navel oranges, and the salad was terrific. Serve this salad with your favorite grilled fish.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 112
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 20.4g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 337mg
- Calcium: 75mg
- 4 small navel oranges (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 small red onion, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted Sicilian green olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Peel and section oranges over a bowl; squeeze membranes to extract juice. Set sections aside, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Discard membranes.
- 2. Combine orange sections, onion, olives, and parsley in a medium bowl. Combine reserved 1/2 cup juice, oil, pepper, and salt; stir well with a whisk. Pour over salad; toss gently. Cover and chill 3 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note