Sicilian Fish Soup
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Lindsey Ellis Beatty
More From Coastal Living
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 18 green olives, quartered
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups fish or chicken stock or broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 pounds fish fillets, cut into pieces
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 toasted baguette slices
- Garlic Aïoli
- Garnishes: 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint, 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1. Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add onion, and sauée 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add olives and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil. Partially cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- 2. Add fish, cover, and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Spread baguette slices with Garlic Aïoli.
- 4. Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish, if desired. Dollop remaining Garlic Aïoli on soup, if desired. Serve with baguette slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews