Delightful and refreshing. Served with sliced chicken breast over the top. Easy to prepare and so colorful. Will definitely serve it at a garden luncheon this spring.
Sichuan Strawberry Slaw
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 206
- Calories from fat: 57%
- Protein: 4.3g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Sodium: 283mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 quart shredded napa cabbage
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves (2 1/2 oz.), rinsed and drained
- 1 3/4 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chile flakes
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine cabbage, spinach, strawberries, and green onions.
- 2. In a 3-quart pan over medium-low heat, stir almonds often until golden, 5 to 8 minutes. Pour from pan.
- 3. Add sesame oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, five spice, and chile flakes to pan. Stir often over low heat until bubbling, 30 seconds.
- 4. Pour dressing and almonds over salad and mix gently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This