Shrimply Delicious Campechana
This is my personal "copy" of the amazing Shrimp Campechana served at The Goode Company in Houston.
Chill: 2 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Additional seasonings (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) adobo seasoning (Penzey's)
- 1 pound(s) boiled shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch(es) cilantro
- 1 teaspoon(s) crushed jalapeno (Penzey's)
- 1 large can(s) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 lime
- 1 lime (garnish)
- 1/2 purple onion
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 bag(s) tortilla chips
- Drain tomatoes (reserve juice)
- Finely dice: onion, cilantro and jalapeno
- Dice: avocado
- Cut shrimp into bite size pieces
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro and jalapeno
- Add garlic using a garlic press
- Juice lime and add to mixture
- Add seasonings and stir to combine.
- Add diced avocado and shrimp pieces. Stir gently.
- Chill thoroughly for at least 2 hours.
- Correct seasonings
- Serve in individual dishes garnished with lime, cilantro or additional shrimp.
- Serve with favorite tortilla chips
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cookingupasong and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note