This was so fantastic. It tasted just like risotto...loved it!
Shrimp and Zucchini Barley Risotto
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 387
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 10g
- Cholesterol: 97mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 653mg
- Calcium: 200mg
- 3 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup lightly pearled barley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Bring broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan; keep warm.
- 2. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add barley; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 3. Stir in 1 cup broth; cook 5 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring frequently. Stir in 1/2 cup broth and salt. Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 25 minutes). Add shrimp; cook 4 minutes. Stir in cheese, butter, and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note