Shrimp With Yogurt-Cucumber Sauce
More From Southern Living
Chill: 20 Minutes
- 2 pounds unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Yogurt-Cucumber Sauce
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
- Combine dry white wine, lemon rind, next 3 ingredients, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a shallow dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag; add shrimp. Cover or seal, and chill 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Cook marinated shrimp in 1 teaspoon hot olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- Sauté onion, red bell pepper strips, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper in remaining 1 teaspoon hot oil in skillet over medium-high heat 15 minutes or until onion is tender. Add tomato halves; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Spoon onion mixture over shrimp, and serve with Yogurt-Cucumber Sauce.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes Yogurt-Cucumber Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This