Shrimp with Curry Cream Sauce
Recipe from Harris Teeter's Fresh Catch Newsletter The shrimp's heart is located in their head. The average amount of shrimp produced in the world each year is approximately 5 billion pounds, and Americans eat 1/5 of that each year.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) fresh 9/15 ct raw shrimp, headed, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 stick(s) butter
- 1 large sweet onion, medium diced
- 12 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, medium diced
- 1/4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) curry powder
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large teflon sauté pan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- 2. Add the onion and sauté for 1 minute then add the mushrooms and tomatoes.
- 3. Let sauté for an additional minute stirring frequently.
- 4. Add the chicken broth, heavy cream and curry powder, gently stir and add the peeled shrimp.
- 5. Continue to cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes until the shrimp turn pink. Be careful not to overcook.
- 6. Serve over rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note