Made this this weekend with some adjustments and it was outstanding. As an FYI, I don't make recipes exactly but use them as a guide. First, for those who thought this was so hot, if you would clean the seeds and membranes out of the chile it won't be too hot but with just a pleasant amount of heat. For the sauce, I added a dollop of sour cream and a tablespoon for so of the orange juice. For the shrimp, I tossed the cumin with it along with some fresh oregano and a couple minced cloves of garlic. Prior to putting the shrimp into the pan, I sauteed a sliced red onion that I had sliced stem to root end. Otherwise it is a great quick meal that I will make again many times.
Shrimp with Creamy Orange-Chipotle Sauce
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 186
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 28.3g
- Carbohydrate: 2.6g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 267mg
- Iron: 4.3mg
- Sodium: 494mg
- Calcium: 97mg
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 large chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked linguine (optional)
- 1. Place first 3 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray; add shrimp. Coat shrimp with cooking spray; sprinkle with cumin and salt. Sauté 4 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring frequently. Transfer shrimp to a serving platter. Reduce heat to medium, add half-and-half mixture to pan, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour sauce over shrimp; sprinkle with cilantro. Serve over linguine, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This