Shrimp with Chili Paste
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Protein: 26g
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 205mg
- Cholesterol: 169mg
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 onion (1/2 lb.), chopped
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh jalapeño chilies
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 1/2 pounds colossal shrimp (10 to 15 per lb.), shelled and deveined
- 1. In a blender or food processor, whirl lemon juice, oil, onion, cilantro, garlic, ginger, and chilies until smooth.
- 2. Mix 1/3 cup chili mixture with yogurt.
- 3. In a bowl, mix the remaining chili mixture with shrimp and let stand at least 10 or up to 30 minutes, then thread shrimp onto metal skewers.
- 4. Prepare barbecue for direct heat.
- If using charcoal briquets, cover firegrate with a single, solid layer of ignited coals; let them burn down to desired heat. Set grill in place and measure heat.
- If using a gas barbecue, turn all burners to high and close lid for 10 minutes. Adjust burners to desired heat. Set grill in place and measure heat.
- When grill is hot (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds) lay skewered shrimp on it. Turn to cook shrimp evenly until they are opaque but still moist-looking in thickest part (cut to test), 5 to 8 minutes
- 5. Push shrimp off skewers and serve with yogurt sauce and salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This