Shrimp with Basil and Tomatoes
"Something about basil and tomatoes maximizes the taste of the shrimp," says Franz.
Yield: 4 appetizer servings
- 1 pound unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 large yellow tomato, seeded and chopped
- Butterfly shrimp by making a slit down the back of each from the large end to the tail, cutting to, but not through, the inside curve of shrimp. (Do not peel.) Devein, if desired; set aside.
- Pour through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, reserving garlic and basil. Return oil to pan.
- Add tomato and shrimp; cook over high heat 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in garlic and basil, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes