Shrimp with Basil and Tomatoes
"Something about basil and tomatoes maximizes the taste of the shrimp," says Franz.
Yield: 4 appetizer servings
- 1 pound unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 large yellow tomato, seeded and chopped
- Butterfly shrimp by making a slit down the back of each from the large end to the tail, cutting to, but not through, the inside curve of shrimp. (Do not peel.) Devein, if desired; set aside.
- Pour through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, reserving garlic and basil. Return oil to pan.
- Add tomato and shrimp; cook over high heat 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in garlic and basil, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This