Really great summer salad. I used basil instead of dill, spring mix instead of watercress and skipped adding any extra salt, lemon, etc at the end. Delicious!
Shrimp and White Bean Salad with Creamy Lemon-Dill Dressing
This tasty salad is perfect for evenings when you're looking for a light meal that can be made quickly. It takes just about 10 minutes to make, or you can prep many of the ingredients in advance to help come together even faster.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 252
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 35.3g
- Carbohydrate: 16.8g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 277mg
- Iron: 5.7mg
- Sodium: 761mg
- Calcium: 144mg
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped fennel bulb
- 1/3 cup julienne-cut carrot
- 1/4 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 1/4 pounds cooked peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 4 ounces trimmed watercress (about 1 bunch)
- Combine reduced-fat mayonnaise, yogurt, 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, dill, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add fennel and next 4 ingredients (through beans); toss well to combine.
- Combine oil, watercress, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons juice, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Divide watercress mixture evenly among 4 plates; top each serving with 1 1/2 cups shrimp mixture.
Tip: For a flavor variation, try arugula and basil in place of watercress and dill. You can also substitute chopped rotisserie chicken for shrimp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes