Shrimp and White Bean Salad with Lemon Dressing
The mix of chicory greens creates layers of textures and flavors from mild to somewhat bitter. It's a great combo with the sweet shrimp and big hit of lemon.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 424
- Calories from fat: 55%
- Protein: 30g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 8.9g
- Sodium: 773mg
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- 1 pound medium (36 to 42 per lb.) peeled, deveined shrimp
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- About 7 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds mixed chicories (endive, escarole, frisée, and radicchio), cored, half sliced into ribbons, half torn into 4- to 5-in. pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1. Toss shrimp, garlic, thyme, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1 tbsp. oil in a medium bowl to coat.
- 2. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add 1 tsp. oil and about one-quarter of chicories; cook, stirring frequently with tongs, until just beginning to wilt, about 30 seconds (greens will continue to wilt as they stand). Transfer to a large bowl. Cook remaining chicories the same way, adding about 1 tsp. oil per batch.
- 3. Meanwhile, whisk together 4 tbsp. oil and 1/2 tsp. salt, the parsley, zest, and juice in a small bowl.
- 4. Reduce heat under pan to medium-high. Add shrimp and cook, turning occasionally with tongs, until shrimp are cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add beans and chicories and cook until warm, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and toss with two-thirds of lemon dressing. Serve with remaining dressing on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes