- 1 pound medium (36 to 42 per lb.) peeled, deveined shrimp
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- About 7 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds mixed chicories (endive, escarole, frisée, and radicchio), cored, half sliced into ribbons, half torn into 4- to 5-in. pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, drained and rinsed
- calories 424
- caloriesfromfat 55 %
- protein 30 g
- fat 27 g
- satfat 4 g
- carbohydrate 20 g
- fiber 8.9 g
- sodium 773 mg
- cholesterol 172 mg
How to Make It
Toss shrimp, garlic, thyme, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1 tbsp. oil in a medium bowl to coat.
Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add 1 tsp. oil and about one-quarter of chicories; cook, stirring frequently with tongs, until just beginning to wilt, about 30 seconds (greens will continue to wilt as they stand). Transfer to a large bowl. Cook remaining chicories the same way, adding about 1 tsp. oil per batch.
Meanwhile, whisk together 4 tbsp. oil and 1/2 tsp. salt, the parsley, zest, and juice in a small bowl.
Reduce heat under pan to medium-high. Add shrimp and cook, turning occasionally with tongs, until shrimp are cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add beans and chicories and cook until warm, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and toss with two-thirds of lemon dressing. Serve with remaining dressing on the side.