Just made it today and tasted tested one before serving it to my family. What a big disappointment. I will drop some lemon juice and more spices on it before I cook the rest. Really wanted this to be good.
Shrimp and White Bean Cakes with Roasted Garlic Sauce
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 25 Minutes
- Calories: 223
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 18.7g
- Carbohydrate: 17.2g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 364mg
- Calcium: 91mg
- 1 whole garlic head
- 7 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1/2 cup cooked bulgur
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate cloves). Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil over garlic; wrap in foil. Bake at 375° for 1 hour; cool 10 minutes. Separate cloves; squeeze into a small bowl to extract pulp. Discard skins. Mash garlic using the back of a spoon. Stir in yogurt, juice, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- 3. Place 3 shrimp and 2/3 cup beans in a food processor; pulse until blended but not quite pureed. Add remaining shrimp, remaining beans, bulgur, cilantro, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt to food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped. Fill a 1/4-cup dry measuring cup with shrimp mixture. Invert onto a platter lined with parchment paper; gently pat into a 2 1/2-inch-wide patty. Repeat procedure with remaining shrimp mixture, forming 8 cakes. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- 4. Preheat broiler to high.
- 5. Brush a jelly-roll pan with 1 tablespoon oil. Arrange chilled cakes on pan; brush tops of cakes with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Broil 5 minutes or until browned. Carefully turn cakes over. Brush tops of cakes with oil from pan. Broil an additional 5 minutes or until browned. Serve cakes with sauce.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note