Addictively briny, halloumi cheese is a favorite for grilling, especially when paired with the sweetness of watermelon. The outside of the cheese gets beautifully brown and crisp, while the inside stays tender. Find it at specialty foods stores and high-end supermarkets.
Southern Living JUNE 2013
1. Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired.
2. Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes. (Omit if using metal skewers.)
3. Meanwhile, combine shrimp and 1/2 cup Cilantro-Lime Marinade in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Combine cheese and 1/3 cup Cilantro-Lime Marinade in another large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Seal bags, turning to coat; chill 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
4. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove shrimp and cheese from marinades, discarding marinades. Thread shrimp, watermelon, and cheese alternately onto skewers, leaving a 1/8-inch space between pieces.
5. Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with cilantro and mint. Serve with remaining Cilantro-Lime Marinade.
*Firm feta cheese may be substituted.
Go to Full Version of