- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive or salad oil
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6 heads Belgian endive (3 to 4 oz. each), rinsed and crisped
- 6 cups (about 6 oz.) watercress sprigs, rinsed and crisped
- 3/4 pound shelled cooked tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper
- calories 113
- caloriesfromfat 65 %
- protein 8 g
- fat 8.1 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- carbohydrate 2.4 g
- fiber 1.2 g
- sodium 133 mg
- cholesterol 57 mg
How to Make It
In a large bowl, mix mustard with 1 1/2 tablespoons water. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire, oil, and cheese.
Trim discolored stem ends from endive. Break off 30 to 36 outer leaves and arrange 3 leaves on each salad plate.
Cut remaining endive into fine slivers. Add slivered endive, watercress, and shrimp to dressing in bowl. Mix well.
Mound salad equally on endive leaves and season to taste with salt and pepper.