Really good. Would be great if the shrimp was grilled.
Shrimp, Watercress, and Millet Salad
Photo: Ian Bagwell; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 179
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Sodium: 325mg
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- 1/4 cup millet (hulled)*
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 to 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups loosely packed stemmed watercress (about 1 bunch)
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked bay shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring millet, 1 tsp. olive oil, and 3/4 cup salted water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, zest 1 1/2 tsp. peel and 2 tbsp. juice from 1 to 2 lemons. In a small bowl, whisk together zest and juice, remaining 2 tbsp. oil, and the salt.
- 3. Put millet in a serving bowl. Pour in dressing and toss gently. Add watercress, mint, onion, and shrimp, and toss gently to mix.
- *Buy in boxes or in bulk at well-stocked groceries and natural-foods stores.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This