- 1/4 cup millet (hulled)*
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 to 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups loosely packed stemmed watercress (about 1 bunch)
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked bay shrimp, rinsed and drained
- calories 179
- caloriesfromfat 47 %
- protein 11 g
- fat 9.3 g
- satfat 1.4 g
- carbohydrate 14 g
- fiber 4.6 g
- sodium 325 mg
- cholesterol 69 mg
How to Make It
In a small saucepan, bring millet, 1 tsp. olive oil, and 3/4 cup salted water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, zest 1 1/2 tsp. peel and 2 tbsp. juice from 1 to 2 lemons. In a small bowl, whisk together zest and juice, remaining 2 tbsp. oil, and the salt.
Put millet in a serving bowl. Pour in dressing and toss gently. Add watercress, mint, onion, and shrimp, and toss gently to mix.
*Buy in boxes or in bulk at well-stocked groceries and natural-foods stores.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.