Shrimp and Veggie Fried Rice
Prep: 15 min., Cook: 20 min.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size raw shrimp (31/40 count)
- 1 (1 1/2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 (5.3-ounce) bag SUCCESS Brown Rice, uncooked
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 6 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Toppings: chopped green onions, chopped peanuts, lite soy sauce
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- 2. Grate ginger using the large holes of a box grater. Squeeze juice from grated ginger into a small bowl to equal about 1 teaspoon; discard solids. Stir in soy sauce.
- 3. Prepare rice and peas according to package directions.
- 4. Meanwhile, sauté shrimp in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- 5. Sauté green onions and carrots in remaining 1 tablespoon hot oil in skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add rice and peas, and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Push rice mixture to sides of pan, making a well in center of mixture.
- 6. Add eggs to center of mixture, and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes or until set. Stir eggs into rice mixture. Stir in soy sauce mixture and shrimp. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes