Shrimp and Vegetable Summer Rolls
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 116
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Carbohydrate: 15.9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 303mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- 1/2 pound frozen cooked peeled small shrimp, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bean sprouts (about 4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups packed mixed baby salad greens or mache lettuce
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 12 (8-inch) round rice paper spring roll wrappers (such as Galettes De Riz)
- 3/4 cup bottled Thai peanut sauce (such as House of Tsang)
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently.
- 2. Add warm water to a pie plate or large shallow dish to a depth of 1 inch. Place 1 wrapper in dish for 30 to 45 seconds or until softened; place on a flat surface. Spoon 1/2 cup shrimp mixture down center of wrapper; fold sides over filling, and roll up tightly, jelly-roll fashion. Gently press seam to seal; place roll, seam side down, on a serving platter. Cover with a damp towel to keep from drying.
- 3. Repeat procedure with remaining wrappers and shrimp mixture. Serve immediately with peanut sauce.
- Note: Rice paper spring roll wrappers are available in Asian markets. The circular wrappers are thin, brittle, and opaque and are marked with a cross-hatched pattern. You may also serve the summer rolls with sweet-and-sour sauce, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers