- 1/2 pound frozen cooked peeled small shrimp, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bean sprouts (about 4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups packed mixed baby salad greens or mache lettuce
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 12 (8-inch) round rice paper spring roll wrappers (such as Galettes De Riz)
- 3/4 cup bottled Thai peanut sauce (such as House of Tsang)
- calories 116
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- fat 2.9 g
- satfat 0.6 g
- protein 6.2 g
- carbohydrate 15.9 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 37 mg
- iron 0.9 mg
- sodium 303 mg
- calcium 31 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently.
Add warm water to a pie plate or large shallow dish to a depth of 1 inch. Place 1 wrapper in dish for 30 to 45 seconds or until softened; place on a flat surface. Spoon 1/2 cup shrimp mixture down center of wrapper; fold sides over filling, and roll up tightly, jelly-roll fashion. Gently press seam to seal; place roll, seam side down, on a serving platter. Cover with a damp towel to keep from drying.
Repeat procedure with remaining wrappers and shrimp mixture. Serve immediately with peanut sauce.
Note: Rice paper spring roll wrappers are available in Asian markets. The circular wrappers are thin, brittle, and opaque and are marked with a cross-hatched pattern. You may also serve the summer rolls with sweet-and-sour sauce, if desired.