This is so yummy! Coated the goat cheese with breadcrumbs. Used a can of chopped plum tomatoes the second time I made this and it tasted just as good. Need to use all of the fresh basil the recipe says- it wasn't as good when I used less. Made this dish for a potluck and just crumbled the goat cheese throughout. Definitely will go into our dinner rotation!
Shrimp, Tomato, and Basil Linguine with Warm Goat Cheese Rounds
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 461
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 14.3g
- Saturated fat: 6.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 24.5g
- Carbohydrate: 58.9g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Iron: 4.8mg
- Sodium: 562mg
- Calcium: 148mg
- 1 (1-ounce) slice white bread
- 1 (4-ounce) package log-shaped goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 cups chopped seeded peeled plum tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups hot cooked linguine (about 12 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Basil sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1/2 cup. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on a baking sheet; bake at 400° for 2 1/2 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a shallow plate; cool completely. Slice goat cheese crosswise into 4 rounds. Press both sides of each round into breadcrumbs. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet; chill.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in tomato, water, sugar, and pepper; cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and salt; cook 4 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove from heat. Cover; keep warm.
- Bake cheese rounds at 400° for 10 minutes or until soft but still holding their shape.
- Add pasta and 1/2 cup basil to tomato mixture; toss to combine. Divide pasta mixture evenly among 4 bowls; top each serving with 1 goat cheese round. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes