Shrimp Tacos with Green Apple Salsa from Cooking Light
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided
- 4 teaspoon(s) fresh lime juice divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) hot smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper
- 1 pound(s) medium shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1/3 cup(s) sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) grated lime rind
- 1 Granny Smith apple thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno peppers seeded & minced
- 8 (6") corn tortillas
- 1 ounce(s) crumbled queso fresco
- 1. Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons lime juice, cumin, paprika, and red pepper in a small bowl. Combine shrimp and spice mixture in a zip-top plastic bag, and seal. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, 2 teaspoons juice, onions, 1/8 teaspoons salt, rind, apple, and jalapeno; toss.
- 3. Remove shrimp from bag; discard marinade. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Arrange half of the shrimp in pan; grill 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining shrimp. Toast the tortillas in the grill pan, if desired. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates, and divide shrimp evenly among tortillas. Divide salsa evenly among tacos, and top with queso fresco.
- CALORIES: 259 FAT: 9.4g (sat:1.6g, mono:5.3g, poly:1.7g) PROTEIN: 21.2g
- CARB: 24.3g FIBER: 3g CHOL: 170mg IRON: 3mg SODIUM: 364mg
- CALC: 87mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shrimp Tacos with Green Apple Salsa from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes