The apple slaw is a new fav. Used pickled jalapenos and white onion (what I had on hand) and it worked out fine. Loved the crisp fresh taste.
Shrimp Tacos with Green Apple Salsa
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
Serve with mashed black beans.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2 tacos)
More From Cooking Light
Total: 49 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 259
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 21.2g
- Carbohydrate: 24.3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 170mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 364mg
- Calcium: 87mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 ounce crumbled queso fresco
- 1. Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons lime juice, cumin, paprika, and red pepper in a small bowl. Combine shrimp and spice mixture in a zip-top plastic bag, and seal. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, 2 teaspoons juice, onions, 1/8 teaspoon salt, rind, apple, and jalapeño; toss.
- 3. Remove shrimp from bag; discard marinade. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Arrange half of shrimp in pan; grill 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining shrimp. Toast the tortillas in grill pan, if desired. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates, and divide shrimp evenly among tortillas. Divide salsa evenly among tacos, and top with queso fresco.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note