The whole family LOVED this and wanted it again the next night! I used frozen corn and it turned out great. Fresh would just be the icing! We didn't even use sour cream. My boys wanted lots more. I will make a bigger batch next time.
Shrimp Tacos with Corn Salsa
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 318
- Fat: 12.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 35.2g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Cholesterol: 149mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 345mg
- Calcium: 109mg
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 diced peeled avocado
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Combine corn and oil in small bowl; toss gently to coat. Arrange corn in an even layer on a jelly-roll pan; broil 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine corn, onions, cilantro, 1 tablespoon juice, salt, pepper, and avocado in a medium bowl; toss gently.
- 3. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Combine shrimp, 1 tablespoon juice, and honey in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Add shrimp to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- 4. Combine sour cream and remaining 1 tablespoon juice in a small bowl.
- 5. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates. Top each tortilla with about 1/4 cup corn mixture, about 4 shrimp, and 1 1/2 teaspoons sour cream mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note