Great recipe. Shrimp marinade is perfect blend of spiciness with lime zest. Marinade for shrimp would be excellent on any type of meat for tacos if you don't like shrimp. Broccoli slaw with sauce not too creamy but provides enough to bind veggies together. Only change I would make is using deveined and detailed shrimp. A bit more pricey, but worth the saved time and mess.
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
Yield: Yields: 8 tacos (serving size: 1 taco)
Cost per Serving: $2.06
More From Allyou
Chill: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 277
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Sodium: 794mg
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 pound uncooked, peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, seeded and finely chopped (about 2 tsp.), plus 1 tsp. adobo sauce
- 2 1/2 cups packaged broccoli slaw mix
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup prepared tomato salsa
- 1. Make filling: In a large bowl, thoroughly combine all filling ingredients, except shrimp. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Make slaw: In a large bowl, whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, chile and adobo sauce. Add broccoli slaw mix, onion and cilantro. Mix well. Season with salt. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3. Preheat oven to 300ºF. Wrap tortillas in foil and bake for 10 minutes to soften.
- 4. Place a skillet large enough to hold shrimp in a single layer over medium heat. Cook shrimp until just opaque and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes, turning once.
- 5. Divide shrimp among tortillas, top with slaw and 1 Tbsp. salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note