- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup uncooked regular grits
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 2 pounds large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons Asian Sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1 cup cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
How to Make It
Bring milk and 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; gradually whisk in grits. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until thickened.
Meanwhile, sprinkle Creole seasoning over shrimp. Sauté garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 30 seconds. Add shrimp, and sauté 3 minutes or until shrimp are almost pink. Add green onions and next 3 ingredients, and sauté 3 minutes.
Stir potatoes and next 4 ingredients into grits. Serve shrimp mixture over sweet potato grits.