Shrimp Sullivan's Island
More From Southern Living
Chill: 12 Hours
- 10 qt. water
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- 5 pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 3 medium-size sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 3 (13.75-oz.) cans quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 (3.5-oz.) jar capers, undrained
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. hot sauce
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Bring 10 qt. water to a boil in a 12-qt. stockpot over medium-high heat; squeeze lemon halves over water, and add squeezed halves to water in stockpot. Add shrimp, and cook 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- 2. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- 3. Layer shrimp, onions, and artichoke hearts in 2 (13- x 9-inch) baking dishes.
- 4. Stir together olive oil and next 5 ingredients; pour evenly over shrimp mixture. Cover and chill at least 12 hours or up to 48 hours, stirring occasionally. Garnish, if desired, and serve with a slotted spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers