According to the Seafood Watch program, wild-caught shrimp from Oregon and British Columbia are "best" to buy. Avoid imported farmed or trawl-caught species.
Yield: Makes 2 cups
- 1/2 cup fava beans, peeled and shelled
- 1/2 pound unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup chopped chanterelle or cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh white corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange beans in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 3 minutes. Plunge beans into ice water to stop cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- Peel and devein shrimp; coarsely chop into pieces.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat just until butter starts to brown. Add shrimp; sauté 1 minute or until shrimp turn pink. Add beans, mushrooms, and corn; sauté 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in wine, and cook 1 minute. Whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons butter, stirring just until butter melts. Stir in parsley, salt, and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables