- 2 cups fresh butter beans (about 1/2 lb.)*
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined, extra-large raw shrimp (1 6/20 count)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh okra
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium-size heirloom tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (2 ears)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon butter
How to Make It
Rinse, sort, and drain butter beans.
Bring butter beans, 1 tsp. salt, and 4 cups water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 35 minutes or until beans are tender; drain.
Meanwhile, combine shrimp, 1 Tbsp. oil, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt in a bowl, tossing to coat. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; cook shrimp 4 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Transfer to a plate, and cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm.
Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add okra; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in onion and next 3 ingredients; cook 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add tomato and corn; sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until corn is tender. Stir in basil, butter, shrimp, and butter beans. Cook 1 minute or until butter is melted and mixture is thoroughly heated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
*Frozen butter beans may be substituted. Omit Step