Create a satisfying light dinner by pairing this aromatic entrée with sautéed bok choy or a salad of radishes, celery, and carrots. You needn't worry if you split the tofu slices at their sides when preparing the packets; you can still stuff them, and the filling will firm up in the steamer.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 267
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 18.7g
- Carbohydrate: 31.3g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 365mg
- Calcium: 97mg
- 1 1/2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste) or chile paste with garlic
- 4 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 (14-ounce) block water-packed extrafirm tofu, drained
- Cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 cups hot cooked short-grain rice
- Thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- 1. Place first 9 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- 2. Split tofu block in half horizontally. Cut each half in half diagonally to form 4 triangles. Make a pocket in each tofu triangle by inserting the tip of a small knife into the center of the longest edge. Slice gently back and forth almost to (but not through) outside edges to form a pocket. Gently stuff each pocket with about 1/4 cup shrimp mixture. Arrange tofu in a bamboo steamer coated with cooking spray; cover with steamer lid.
- 3. Add water to a large skillet to a depth of 1 inch; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Place steamer in pan; steam 15 minutes or until filling is set.
- 4. Combine 4 teaspoons soy sauce and 4 teaspoons rice vinegar in a small bowl. Place 1/2 cup hot cooked short-grain rice on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 stuffed tofu triangle. Drizzle each serving with 2 teaspoons soy sauce mixture; garnish with thinly sliced green onions, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note