- 1 1/2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste) or chile paste with garlic
- 4 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 (14-ounce) block water-packed extrafirm tofu, drained
- Cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 cups hot cooked short-grain rice
- Thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- calories 267
- caloriesfromfat 21 %
- fat 6.3 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- monofat 3.5 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 18.7 g
- carbohydrate 31.3 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- cholesterol 43 mg
- iron 4.2 mg
- sodium 365 mg
- calcium 97 mg
How to Make It
Place first 9 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
Split tofu block in half horizontally. Cut each half in half diagonally to form 4 triangles. Make a pocket in each tofu triangle by inserting the tip of a small knife into the center of the longest edge. Slice gently back and forth almost to (but not through) outside edges to form a pocket. Gently stuff each pocket with about 1/4 cup shrimp mixture. Arrange tofu in a bamboo steamer coated with cooking spray; cover with steamer lid.
Add water to a large skillet to a depth of 1 inch; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Place steamer in pan; steam 15 minutes or until filling is set.
Combine 4 teaspoons soy sauce and 4 teaspoons rice vinegar in a small bowl. Place 1/2 cup hot cooked short-grain rice on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 stuffed tofu triangle. Drizzle each serving with 2 teaspoons soy sauce mixture; garnish with thinly sliced green onions, if desired.