I love this recipe, as does my family. I have been making it regularly since it came out in Jan 2012, thanks for taking the time to add it to the data base! I use soy cream cheese/ milk and often switch up the shrimp with crab or lobster. Thinking of trying it with some tofu.
Shrimp Stuffed Shells from Cooking Light
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 20 uncooked jumbo pasta shells (about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced garlic (about 6 cloves)
- 1/2 cup(s) 1/3 less-fat cream cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup(s) 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped fresh basil
- 1 pound(s) medium shrimp peeled, deveined & coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) potato starch
- cooking spray
- 3 cup(s) lower-sodium marinara sauce divided
- 1/3 cup(s) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Cook pasta 7 minutes or until almost al dente, omitting salt and fat. Drain well.
- 3. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minutes, stirring constantly. Add cream cheese, milk and pepper; cook until cheese melts, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in basil. Place shrimp in a bowl. Sprinkle with potato starch; toss well to coat. Add cream cheese mixture to shrimp; toss well.
- 4. Divide shrimp mixture evenly among the pasta shells. Coat a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray; spread 1 cup marinara sauce over bottom of the dish. Arrange shells in prepared dish; top with remaining 2 cups marinara. Sprinkle shells evenly with Parmigian-Reggiano cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until shrimp is done.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shrimp Stuffed Shells from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes