Shrimp-stuffed Portabellas on Tomato Polenta
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 605
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Protein: 44g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Carbohydrate: 66g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sodium: 571mg
- Cholesterol: 200mg
- 4 portabella mushroom caps (5 in. wide)
- Salad oil
- 3/4 pound shelled cooked tiny shrimp, rinsed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded chili-flavor jack cheese
- 4 1/2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 1/4 cup finely chopped drained oil-packed dried tomatoes
- 1. Trim off mushroom stems flush with caps. Rinse caps well; place gill side up in a lightly oiled 10- by 15-inch pan.
- 2. In a bowl, mix shrimp, green onions, mayonnaise, and cheese. Spoon shrimp mixture equally into mushroom caps.
- 3. Bake in a 400° oven until cheese is melted and mushrooms are flexible when pressed, about 12 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a 3- to 4-quart pan, combine broth, polenta, and tomatoes. Stir over high heat until boiling, then reduce heat to low. Stir often until polenta is very smooth to taste, about 3 minutes.
- 5. Spoon polenta equally into wide bowls. Set a stuffed mushroom on each portion. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This