- 4 portabella mushroom caps (5 in. wide)
- Salad oil
- 3/4 pound shelled cooked tiny shrimp, rinsed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded chili-flavor jack cheese
- 4 1/2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 1/4 cup finely chopped drained oil-packed dried tomatoes
- calories 605
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- protein 44 g
- fat 18 g
- satfat 6.1 g
- carbohydrate 66 g
- fiber 10 g
- sodium 571 mg
- cholesterol 200 mg
How to Make It
Trim off mushroom stems flush with caps. Rinse caps well; place gill side up in a lightly oiled 10- by 15-inch pan.
In a bowl, mix shrimp, green onions, mayonnaise, and cheese. Spoon shrimp mixture equally into mushroom caps.
Bake in a 400° oven until cheese is melted and mushrooms are flexible when pressed, about 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a 3- to 4-quart pan, combine broth, polenta, and tomatoes. Stir over high heat until boiling, then reduce heat to low. Stir often until polenta is very smooth to taste, about 3 minutes.
Spoon polenta equally into wide bowls. Set a stuffed mushroom on each portion. Add salt to taste.